(03) 9348 1000
A common question is: Can I upgrade my existing grid connect solar system to hybrid?
Well, it depends!
Adding the fully programmable, leading Australian Selectronic SP PRO interactive inverter and battery bank to an existing system is the most adaptable solution to upgrade to hybrid in an AC coupled configuration. The SP PRO inverter needs a way to communicate to your solar inverter so the solar doesn't over-charge the battery, and this can be done through AC frequency shifting. Most reputable European brands of solar inverters have this function and will be suitable eg. Kaco, SMA, ABB Aurora, Fronius, Delta.
Things to check out are:
- Existing solar array size, model, configuration
- Existing solar inverter brand, model, year of manufacture
- Electricity usage data or bills for the past year
- Mains supply & Switchboard size
- Option to split loads into battery back-up and non-essential
- Proposed area for battery storage
- Cabling and installation access
Please keep in mind what Feed-in Tariff you are currently on could impact on the economics of this option.
Here are some approximate costs:
1) 5kWh battery + 3kW SP PRO
Selectronic MyGrid 5kWh usable storage with SP PRO 3kW 24V interactive inverter SPMC240-AU = $9,000
Electrical installation, switchgear, signage, etc = $2,500
TOTAL = $11,500
2) 10kWh battery + 5kW SP PRO
Selectronic MyGrid 10kWh usable storage with SP PRO 5kW 48V interactive inverter SPMC481-AU = $13,500
Electrical installation, switchgear, signage, etc = $3,500
TOTAL = $17,000
3) 20kWh battery + 7.5kW SP PRO
Selectronic MyGrid 10kWh usable storage with SP PRO 7.5kW 48V interactive inverter SPMC482-AU = $20,000
Electrical installation, switchgear, signage, etc = $5,000
TOTAL = $25,000
Contact Going Solar and talk to an expert to find out if upgrading to a hybrid solar power system is right for you.