(03) 9348 1000
Environmental Management — Practising what we preach
Everything about Going Solar reflects our commitment to sustainability — including how we run our business. We work out of the 60L Green Building, one of the most environmentally friendly buildings in Melbourne. As well as this, we have a range of internal environmental policies:
- Use of solar power (from solar panels installed by Going Solar on the roof of the Green Building)
- 100% purchase and use of recycled paper
- Collection and use of rainwater in our offices
- Reduced paper consumption through dual and multi-page printing
- Separate collection of recyclables and compostable waste in our office
- Use of a worm farm for compostable waste in our office
- Use of energy efficient lighting and other appliances
Staff are encouraged to walk or cycle where possible, and to reduce the use of motor vehicles. As promoters of renewable energy and sustainable living, Going Solar and its employees are advocates of an energy efficient and environmentally friendly way of life.
In parts of Australia, the transport sector accounts for around 25% of our greenhouse gas emissions. Clearly this needs to be addressed with solutions coming from innovative thinking and technologies. Conventional practices have created the problems of pollution, congestion and traffic trauma. We need to start planning for the future and freeing ourselves from dependence on oil.
Going Solar principal Stephen Ingrouille has long been a champion of sustainable transport. For many years, Stephen edited a sustainable transport newsletter.