60 Leicester Street, Carlton
- System Design: February 2014
- System Installation: June 2014
- System Commissioned: July 2014
Client: Australian Conservation Foundation (ACF)
Helping the Australian Conservation Foundation's iconic 60L Green Building 'walk the walk' with solar
- 60 x 250W Winaico 250W polycrystalline PV panels WST-250P6
- 60 x Enphase M215 micro-inverters M215-60-230-S22
- Enphase Enlighten online software platform
- New Distribution Board for micro-inverter AC connection
- Complete system documentation including maintenance schedule and log sheets.
- System Size: 15kW
Ten years after its establishment The Green Building in Carlton (where Going Solar is located) has added more PV panels on the roof. This is a special PV system with some of the latest technologies.
Despite 60L’s limited rooftop space, Going Solar was able to design the system that would reach maximum production potential by mounting the system north facing, with modules both flat to the roof and on a 10-degree tilt. Enphase technology maximizes annual energy harvesting capability at this low inclination, while at the same time ensuring best daily performance despite early morning and late afternoon shade effects.
Going Solar recommended Enphase Microinverters because, unlike string inverters, they could decouple the panels from each other so that any shade from structural elements does not impact the entire system’s production capability.
Have a look at the Enphase article:
And the Enphase Case Study
Click/touch an image to enlarge