Box Hill, Melbourne, Victoria
- System Design: November 2009
- System Installation: July 2010
- System Commissioned: July 2010
Client: Box Hill TAFE
Design, supply and install of a grid-connected power system – PV and wind – complete with a battery storage system for uninterrupted power supply (UPS). The installation was designed to demonstrate a variety of technologies to TAFE college students.
[UPS = Uninterrupted Power Supply]
- PV panels installed both flat-on-roof and on frames.
- Inter-connected wind generator.
- UPS to demonstrate battery storage and grid connection.
- Dedicated, ventilated, battery room.
- Data from SP-Pro inverter integrated with the Building Energy Management System.
- LCD Display in the public reception area.
- No metal to metal contact for increased life expectancy and corrosion avoidance.
- Premium quality German, Australian and American components selected.
- System size: 5.25kWp
Click/touch an image to enlarge